fv432 heating/aircon

benbenukuk

They don't have air conditioning, are you thinking of the NBC pack? That's for filtering out nuclear, biological and chemical agents from the air and feeding it into your respirator. It can help a bit on a very hot day, but that's not what it was designed for.

It sounds like you need to do some christmas shopping...

http://www.ekmpowershop5.com/ekmps/shops/greenmachines/fv430-series-34-c.asp

Chris

FV432s always had provision for a diesel-powered crew heater, but I've only seen them in some of the late 432s that were reconditioned by Bovington. You can spot them by the exhaust (with caution notice) behind the external air filter panel. As Chris says, a manual is your friend, but the ventilation system should fire up using the big black knob adjacent to the fan motor, just behind the bulkhead that's behind the Commander's right shoulder.

Andy

They don't have air conditioning, are you thinking of the NBC pack? That's for filtering out nuclear, biological and chemical agents from the air and feeding it into your respirator. It can help a bit on a very hot day, but that's not what it was designed for.

Chris

I got one of these for christmas today :D Ben

Chris

NBC pack made a world of difference on a hot West German summer's day. It also has squaddies and civvies alike staring at the only people in full noddy kit as Swanny (my driver, sadly RIP courtesy of a sniper in Iraq a few years ago) and I had been lent the only Spartan on the exercise cos his Scorpion had died and being only a week from Scorpoling, it wasn't considered worth repairing so we borrowed a Surveillance Troop spartan. Besides, since Chalky had been medevaced, we were only a 2-man crew anyway. Cool air forced into the face, beautiful.

CVR(T) ... ALL mod cons. Mmm yes.