Croft Circuit Nostalgia Weekend - August 5th to 7th 2011 DATE CONFIRMED

Our provisional date of August 5th to 7th, has now been confirmed by the Historic Sport Car Club who are holding the classic car races over the weekend. As with 2010, we hope to have a mix of military vehicles and dioramas, classic cars and bikes, vintage aircraft, 1940's fashion show and traders.

If you didn't visit the 2010 show, and are interested to see what you missed, photos can be seen on the show website - http://www.croftmilitary.co.uk/

Once entry forms have been created for 2011, they will be made available to download from the website.

ww2e4.jpg

race41.jpg

aircraft52.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Closed cab Studebaker US6, Hobart generator (lights, projector....), enough new (to me) tentage to cover the whole site.....

There is an outside chance the 353 will be on the road by then as well, and if i can work out a way to transport it, the D2 Cat will be up and about by then.

Ah, if only i could find a way to make them keep themselves - bit like teenagers!

I have mused on the idea of a travelling museum, given that we cart a load of kit around with us anyway (about 10% of what i have, i need more trucks and drivers).

I think if we had a museum, all we would do is spend even more time standing around and drinking tea... However our door is always open, either at the workshop or the warehouse - well, always open by prior arrangement....

Ken

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

We've had a couple more nice attractions confirmed for the event now. Kev is bringing his Chaffee tank back and we also have a RR Griffon engine coming along which will be running during the event.

chaffee1.jpg

griffon.jpg

Entries are coming in thick and fast now and we are looking to start provisionally working out display space and layout. If you haven't entered yet, and are planning to come, please get your entries in asap, particularly if you also need diorama space along with your vehicle.

If you turn up without an entry pass, you will have to pay normal gate prices.

Edited by Jessie The Jeep

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Here's a small selection of photos that I took during yesterday's Press Day at Croft. Local BBC were there in addition to papers and radio, so hopefully we'll get some good coverage. The BBC report was on last night, and for those in the UK, it can be seen here - (

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer..... ), about 17 minutes into the program.

pressday1.jpg

pressday2.jpgpressday3.jpg

pressday4.jpgpressday5.jpg

pressday6.jpgpressday7.jpg

pressday8.jpgpressday9.jpgpressday10.jpg

pressday11.jpgpressday12.jpg

pressday13.jpg

pressday14.jpgpressday15.jpgpressday16.jpg

pressday18.jpgpressday19.jpgpressday20.jpg

Edited by Jessie The Jeep

Sunday only for me, I'm afraid.

It was a Brilliant Event last year, and I have been really looking forward to it,

but after this afternoons thunderstorms and lots of rain, I fear the racing might be called off.

But I'll still be trundling down tomorrow, and if I get stuck in the field parking area

I hope someone is kind enough to haul me out.

Just back home and unpacked at 9:30. Great weekend. Sunday nice and dry. Saturday got a little damp, but what do you expect for an English summer. The were a few people who had their noses put out of joint by turning up late and wanting to be with friends further down the display line. When you turn up at someone elses show, you go where they tell you. They've got enough to sort out without stroppy visitors in a huff with where they camp. If you want to be with friends, arrive at the same time. Vehicles/re-enactors were parked in the order they arrived.

I spoke to a number of people throughout the weekend, and all enjoyed it, despite the 'light shower' on Saturday.

A big hand must go to all the guys/galls that turned up and put on a good display.

Although I think splitting up the period traders from the Military display was not a good move

- personally prefering last years layout.

I was a little disappointed with the racing though : maybe it was the cold wind making it feel like October,

or maybe it was more emphasis on single seater cars this year and a tad less sports and saloons

- which didn't have the battles I saw last year.

(I see as single seaters as glorified go-karts and believe real racing cars should have doors).

Still a good day's outing non-the-less - and I didn't get stuck in the mud either.