Tracked Rapier Info needed.

cornish armour

Hi All at HMVF, I am new to the site and hope that members may be able to help. I am looking for information on the tracked rapier system, drawings pictures anything that will help me with the attempted build of a 1/16th scale model.

As an ex Gunner myself on the towed rapier I have always had a licking to this vehicle but never got to work on it.

Since leaving the forces I have become involved in fund raising for a charity called "Combat Stress", who help ex service men and woman who have been diagnosed with service related trauma.

I attend many shows with my ever growing collection of 1/35th Scale armour to help the charity, and thought it was time i had a centre piece in the collection, henc the tracked rapier. Any help would be great no matter what it may be.

best regards

Tony

Barnstaple

Devon

Hi Tony and welcome I didnt know you were an ex cloud puncher ex Rapier myself :cool2: Best of luck with the build.

David N

Cheers David, not an ex cloud puncher just a silly choice of vehicle:shocked: the old girl is a bit of fun would be nice to get the missiles pod to spin:cool2:. Trouble is finding an APU. Good fun to drive but what great vision they have:nut: just plain awful.

Tony, you are absolutely certifiable wanting that as a toy! Does your M series truck tow it on a flat bed trailer?

What did the Mrs say about that purchase? Am surprised you didnt go for a Combat Engineer Tractor instead.

Robin

Mrs wasn't too chuffed but as I told her "the big boys made me do it"

No longer have the M series:-( miss the old girl though. A guy in club has a cet and thats just silly:nut:

Still what doesn't hurt you makes you stronger eh?

Mrs wasn't too chuffed but as I told her "the big boys made me do it"

No longer have the M series:-( miss the old girl though. A guy in club has a cet and thats just silly:nut:

Still what doesn't hurt you makes you stronger eh?

What have you boys got against CET... can't you cope with a mans AFV ?

What have you boys got against CET... can't you cope with a mans AFV ?

Not an AFV though is it!:D Nothing against CET's I think I would prefer one to the rapier they sound great just raw power where as the 43's sound pained, detroits just scream etc any Warrior would be nice though again sound of power.

Not an AFV though is it!:D Nothing against CET's I think I would prefer one to the rapier they sound great just raw power where as the 43's sound pained, detroits just scream etc any Warrior would be nice though again sound of power.

Are you suggesting that CET is related to Warrior ?

Detroit's may scream but twice the power for the swept volume !

• 2 weeks later...