rekindling an old interest

Axenige

Hi,

I've been involved on and off with the military scene for some twenty years nearly, and although I no longer own any military vehicle I still have a great interest in WWII. In the past I regularly went to shows all over the U.K. in my 1944 Ford GPW and also made several trips to France, Holland and other places in Europe all of which were a long time ago and now very much missed. These days I spend much of my time on work, as I make WW2 reproduction canvas items and trade in period Militaria for a living and when I on not working, I help fix the "other sides" vehicles in the form of VW beetles and buses. I do however keep in touch with my old MV links and I still enjoy the hobby and attend MV events as and when possible, but these days due to funds my collecting is now limited to British Commando items from the D-day period. Finally I've recommend this site to several people over the past year, and thought its was about time I join it myself.

Nige H

hi nige

welcome to hmvf and it's nice to see you on the forum, by the way, thanks for posting the link to adrian's sherman restoration on warrelics. as it was you that led me to hmvf and the subsequent aquisition of so much armour, so it's actually all your fault i'm skint :D

all the best

eddy

hi nige

welcome to hmvf and it's nice to see you on the forum, by the way, thanks for posting the link to adrian's sherman restoration on warrelics. as it was you that led me to hmvf and the subsequent aquisition of so much armour, so it's actually all your fault i'm skint :D

Well you know what they say mate, a fool and his money :-D, anyway you told me you wanted a Churchill Tank, and I know tanks are like buses you don't own any for years and suddenly you wake up one morning and find you've bought yourself an armoured division. Seriously though I think your a very brave guy to take on this as your first tank project, and it certainly no mean feet to obtain WW2 armour these days, especially restorable British vehicles which were never that abundant anyway, well when compared with the various Sherman armour that you see at shows and so I'll be watching with great interest.

Nige H.

P.S. Your skint! and I've not even invoiced you yet for my introduction fee :cheesy:

hi nige

i don't think taking on the churchill as my first restoration is brave, as i don't really know what's involved, taking on another one after that would be brave, once bitten twice shy they say but i've never been one to let common sense get in the way of one of my idea's.

all the best

eddy