CVRT Scimitar

Sidewinder

Okay, I would love a CVRT, preferably a Scimitar or Sabre, but would settle for a Scorpion. I've found a project Scimitar, not entirely sure of the condition apart from a few photos from which I would say it would need a ground up restoration which I don't have a problem with. It is nearly complete though apart from the RARDEN. Doesn't look as though its had any work done to it so far since it was sold off from the MOD. Track pads look worn right down, am I right in thinking they aren't replacable like on a 432, but you have to replace the whole track?

The only downside is the price which is well over what I had in mind, but then I'll admit I don't really know much about the sort of prices they fetch, so what is a reasonable price for a project Scimitar? A year or two ago I could have bought one in running and driving condition and road registered for the same price.

Cheers.

you are correct about the cvrt tracks, the rubber blocks are moulded in and if they are indeed worn right down, the entire track will need replacing for road use. Note the pads have a tapered profile to them, thats to say the leading edge is flatter than the trailing edge. If you can find replacement track, expect to pay £1500 to £4000 depending on how worn

regards mick

you are correct about the cvrt tracks, the rubber blocks are moulded in and if they are indeed worn right down, the entire track will need replacing for road use. Note the pads have a tapered profile to them, thats to say the leading edge is flatter than the trailing edge. If you can find replacement track, expect to pay £1500 to £4000 depending on how worn

regards mick

£4000!!!!!!! If anyone needs good take off track, send me a PM and I'll pass on some details. It wont be anywhere near this expensive.

I would've thought £1,500 was about right for new track, but like a lot of this sort of stuff it really depends on timing. This sort of stuff tends to come and go so if you happen to hit a lean patch you'll pay more.. Road wheels are a case in point - couldn't move for them a few years ago - now they're like rocking horse poop..!

£4K pretty steep by anybodys standards though - unless you're an african govt of course !!!