Dodge WC engine rebuild

M.Rimmer

Hello again Matt :D

Dallas Autos at Newbury. Only people I'd trust with a Dodge engine.

Will not be cheap, consider replacing valves and seats as necessary, new water distribution tube, that sort of thing.

regards

Gordon

Hi Gordon,

Good to hear from you! thanks for the suggestion I will contact them,I don't expect it to be cheap but hopefully worthwhile!

I had to move house and sell some of my vehicles(the D15 went) and put others into storage but I'm just now starting to get back on track.

Cheers,

Matt.

Good to hear you are still at it, as they say.

I liked your compressor truck, and I suppose that is one of the ones that went into storage?

A full rebuild will be ££££. I think Dallas strip and assess the engines themselves, use a machine shop for boring / lining / grinding, and then reassemble and test on the premises.

Any competent engine rebuilder COULD rebuild a Dodge engine, but Dallas have gaskets, bearings, original hoses, replacement water pumps, themostats, water distribution tubes and the like actually on the shelf, so much more of a 'one stop shop'

If you check their website and there is an image of an engine in silver - that's my T72 engine which is now back in the front of my TD20 pickup - where it was when it left the factory 71 years ago.