B60 sounding rough

fv1609

Humber Pig engine after new valve seat & skimmed head. Sounds a bit noisy with no rocker cover & perhaps a bit rough. But when you see the last frames it doesn't seem that rough, all things considered!

Compression now 100psi on all, instead of 90 & #4 cylinder on 20!!

Humber Pig engine after new valve seat & skimmed head. Sounds a bit noisy with no rocker cover & perhaps a bit rough. But when you see the last frames it doesn't seem that rough, all things considered!

Compression now 100psi on all, instead of 90 & #4 cylinder on 20!!

:n00b: :n00b: :n00b:

One for every HT lead left off :D

bet it sounds better now, Clive ! Good job done.

Andy usual silly mistake of not blocking off the vacuum take-off on the manifold. I twigged it once I realised the removal of the rear three plug leads made no difference.

I got misled earlier as on that manifold the spindle supporting the accelerator pump diaphragm was sticking. This was after I cleaned it, but the crud was in the casting just on that side.

IMAG0123.jpg

When this didn't improve it I swapped it for another carb, with no improvement then realised my error. W&P? I need to get it ready for Christmas.