Supplying MV's to Iraq

Great War truck

Received this great e-mail that i am still chortling over. So let me see. UN sanctions prevent the supply of MV's from an Iraqi company so lets import them from the UK - because obviously UN sanctions dont apply to the export of military equipment from the UK. Anybody else had something similar?

Dear Sir / Madam,

My name is TG Faisal, and I am looking to purchase 30 armoured (bullet proof) Jeeps and 30 armoured (bullet proof) cars of any make. The armoured vehicles which maybe brand new or fairly used, are destined to Baghdad Port as follows:

Port of Baghdad Location: Iraq; Code: IQBGW; Latitude 33o20'N; Longitude 44o23’E; GMT standard time +3

Because of current United Nations sanctions still in place, I cannot use an Iraqi Company to make the purchase. I am therefore looking for a middle person who can make the purchase on our behalf. Payment will be made 100% in advance, after a binding agreement is signed. A generous commission of 10% will be reserved for you if you supply or facilitate the purchase of the armoured vehicles on our behalf.

Please contact me if you are interested.

Regards,

TG Faisal

Email: tgfaisal2010@gmail.com

Received this great e-mail that i am still chortling over. So let me see. UN sanctions prevent the supply of MV's from an Iraqi company so lets import them from the UK - because obviously UN sanctions dont apply to the export of military equipment from the UK. Anybody else had something similar?

Hi Tim,

I also received that email. Something a bit odd though, as he talks about shipping to the Port of Baghdad..........thought the place was nowhere near the coast unless the river is navigable for ships.. :undecided:

Had another recently, from the Bangladesh Army, needing vehicles and some of there armour fleet upgraded..........problem is, just too busy to fit them in :-D

Yes, of course, but i was just thinking about how i might wind him up the most.

I can provide 12 armoured Autocar UF21 trucks. They each come equipped with two Colt potato digger's, although i am sure that you would prefer Vickers. These were left over from the CEF and the following occupation. They are still fitted with the 2 cylinder horizontally opposed engine and run on solids. Would this be a problem?