Shuttleworth steam and country fayre

spanter

Here are a few pictures of last weekends steam fayre near Biggleswade, we took over our steam engine and equipment a few tractors and a couple of cars but alas the jeep and dodge both are having brake problems so didn't make it. There was a varied military selection but obviously steam out numbered them (around 120 full size engines) and if the owner of the large Leyland 'SNAFU' is a member on here sorry for the little blue tractor packing up in front of you when you arrived :blush:

This last Ford model T racer has the normal model t gearbox but it then has a further 3 speed gearbox, they've had it up to 50 in 2nd.

And finally one for the great war fans

pencil.png

DSC00631.jpg

DSC00627.jpg

DSC00629.jpg

DSC00630.jpg

DSC00628.jpg

DSC00624.jpg

DSC00626.jpg

DSC00622.jpg

DSC00625.jpg

DSC00613.jpg

DSC00620.jpg

DSC00623.jpg

DSC00614.jpg

DSC00621.jpg

DSC00616.jpg

DSC00617.jpg

DSC00618.jpg

DSC00619.jpg

Edited by spanter

Yep next year we should have the dodge and jeep with restored trailer up there and there are rumours that they will try and put an off-road course in for the weekend :D Hopefully the military and commercial sections won't be in the furthest patch of field, bet it was quiet for you though.

That'd be great! All of us seemed to think it was a shame we were placed so far away from the heart of the show, despite the fact we were all right up on top of the hill we still attracted plenty of attenton :-). Are you attending Haynes working festival next weekend?

Edited by Lewis Garner

No can't do Haynes as I've got an appointment with walking down an aisle, and she'd kill me if I did anything vehicle related - Shuttleworth has a meet the pilots themed airshow on saturday where people can wander around aircraft, cars and people in period dress in the car park before we drag the aircraft out to fly. Was great last year but we'll have to wait til next year.

I was there with HMS Sultan, had a walk round to see if i could meet some more hmvfers, but you must have seen me comming and hid:shocked:.

There was some very nice vehicles there, here are some pictures.

Alan.:D

Hi Alan, thats my Mk 1/2 Ferret in your pic. Such a great weekend, and even though we were in the far corner we had so many people taking a look around.

Simon