Classic Car & Transport Show- Shugborough Hall-15th Aug.2010

Was able to set up on the Sat. afternoon for this event I had been told 1200 entries were booked in. Given a great spot under a small group of trees in this fantastic setting. Took me approx. 4hr to set up, with a storm thrown in for good measure.

Good weather Sun. morning and the enteries started arriving early. They came and came and kept comming. Sadly only five military turned up out of the eleven or so booked in. But we were joined by a member of the public in a fantastic turned out GAZ 69 Commander, we got on very well inspite of being from 'the otherside':D and hope to meet up again as He is a local chap.

Did not get chance to look round the event and other vehicles as the public started to arrive, and did they arrive in large no's. Busy talking about my set up all day. (no lunch again)

The largest collection of auto jumble, stalls etc. including one that had boxes of mint ex W.D. kit from my intrest era that just had to go. Spent up:embarrassed:. Lucky a mate was able to get it home for me. Great event and told hope to be back next year, but prob. need to book early. Just a few pics. as camera battery went flat.

2010-08-15 Classic Car, Transport, Shugborough Hall (29).jpg

2010-08-15 Classic Car, Transport, Shugborough Hall (25).jpg

2010-08-15 Classic Car, Transport, Shugborough Hall (39).jpg

2010-08-15 Classic Car, Transport, Shugborough Hall (40).jpg

2010-08-15 Classic Car, Transport, Shugborough Hall (45).jpg

Sounds like a great event. I know the area well as I grew up near their and went to school just down the road at Walton. Don`t ever remember such shows in the 70`s and 80`s though seem to remember going to shows at Weston Park, I will have to dig out some photo`s.