Help, please - WW2 RAF Bomb Trailer Manuals / info.

Can anyone help with a Technical or User Manual (or provide information) on the RAF 4 wheel bomb trailer of the type pictured below?

We're trying to recreate some bomb carrying cradles which pin onto the chassis, but only have a few photos like this one to work from.

Thanks!

RAF trailers.jpg

Can't help at all with dimensions or info, but if you did happen to want another trailer I have one sitting spare near Stirling.

Mostly intact, but less towing eye and I think it has been shortened. On the other hand you can have it for the scrap value if it is going to a good home. You'll know already how heavy they are, but since this one was shortened it'll go on a standard car trailer I think.

Gordon

TRAILA.jpg

TRAILB.jpg

[ATTACH=CONFIG]32625[/ATTACH]

Can't help at all with dimensions or info, but if you did happen to want another trailer I have one sitting spare near Stirling.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]32624[/ATTACH]Mostly intact, but less towing eye and I think it has been shortened. On the other hand you can have it for the scrap value if it is going to a good home. You'll know already how heavy they are, but since this one was shortened it'll go on a standard car trailer I think.

Gordon

What a coincidence because the other pictures shows bomb trailers near Stirling also...(sorry) had to do it.

• 9 months later...