Where can I get a 1940s RAF Uniform

Ian L

Where would I find out what a RAF pilot officer would be wearing if he were flying fighters or bombers in 1944 ? I need an RAF uniform (repo is good enough) for events such as Goodwood Revival, 1940s dance and prehaps the odd military vehicle show etc ? not the full kit as this is not for reenactments, just uniform, hat, shirt, badges etc

I was going to have a uniform made by WWW.PEGASUS MILITARIA.COM

Is there a good book ? web site ?

Not exactly on topic but I have to mention it.

If you read Wing Leader by Johnny Johnson, he describes one of his flight commanders, Cocky Dundas as having come from the volunteer reserve and he always wore non-matching shoulder titles and IIRC he was always taking flak for it.

IMHO it's that sort of snippet that makes uniforms interesting.

Not exactly on topic but I have to mention it.

If you read Wing Leader by Johnny Johnson, he describes one of his flight commanders, Cocky Dundas as having come from the volunteer reserve and he always wore non-matching shoulder titles and IIRC he was always taking flak for it.

IMHO it's that sort of snippet that makes uniforms interesting.

Cheers, I've been meaning to read his story I'll pick that book up, talking of books have you read Warburtons War ? an interesting life and his last flight was from an Airfield just a couple of miles from where I live. Thanks Ian

Where would I find out what a RAF pilot officer would be wearing if he were flying fighters or bombers in 1944 ? I need an RAF uniform (repo is good enough) for events such as Goodwood Revival, 1940s dance and prehaps the odd military vehicle show etc ? not the full kit as this is not for reenactments, just uniform, hat, shirt, badges etc

I was going to have a uniform made by WWW.PEGASUS MILITARIA.COM

Is there a good book ? web site ?

Contact Nick or Dicky they will sort you out.....

http://www.sabresales.co.uk/

Paul

Cheers, I've been meaning to read his story I'll pick that book up, talking of books have you read Warburtons War ? an interesting life and his last flight was from an Airfield just a couple of miles from where I live. Thanks Ian

No but I just read his wiki entry and it does make for an interesting read. Cheers

• 2 weeks later...
Ian,

It is easy to pick up a post war tunic and convert it to look like a wartime one.

I have many original Wartime RAF uniforms, quite happy to show you them.

Cheers

Jules

Cheer Julian

I wiil pop round and see you soon as I need one for Goodwood Revival

Ian