Series 3 Lightweight 24v FFR Winterised

Rover8FFR

The main harness - it passes through a square hole in the bulkhead (to the instrument box). this hole has sharp edges (best to dress as best you can).. Also the Solihull factory used a 2" cube of firmish foam jammed in to stop harness movement at this position. To reduce the risk of chaffing of the braid & sheath PVC - this is in fact one of the best bits of protection against a burn out. Did you find one of these foam cubes ? ISTR I have never seen them on the parts lists and they are often missing. IIRC I have one safe as a sample on the garage window sill - will have a look & take a photograph.. The first time I found one - I almost threw it away !

There isn't a lot left intact on my bulkhead, given the marines life and being in a field for some years! I will investigate further m8y ;)

Findings to follow!

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is with a huge lump in my heart that I must sell off and dispose of the lightweight.

After many hours and pounds getting her sorted, albeit slowly I need to raise some funds after my separation from Mrs.

If anyone has any items they need for a lightweight then please send me a message.

The tilt, bulkhead and vent panel were scrapped, but I have pretty much a complete vehicle, including that replacement chassis that has the axles back on etc.

Anyone interested then give me a shout. Quite a few parts are already either rubbed down, cleaned, blasted, epoxy primed and painted, so in a good place for a new home.

I wanted to keep the unitary radio set up though, as hope to buy another lightweight in the future. The Arctic heater stuff is all available though.

I had to decide between Piggy, Toastie and Lighty and the Lighty is the casualty of this war.......:cry::cry::cry::cry::mad::mad::mad:

Isn't life grand! :D