Freckleton Air Disaster teacher dies aged 91

Willyslancs

The last surviving teacher from the Freckleton Air Disaster has died aged 91.

Doris gardeners life was spared as she was visiting her sick mother on August 23rd 1944, when a plane crashed onto Freckletons Holy Trinity School killing 61 people.

The young teacher returned to the school to find a scene of total devastation.The crash killed 38 of her pupils, 2 teaching colleagues, and a number of RAF staff and American airman .A thanksgiving service will be held next week.

For information on the disaster check out below..

. www2.blackpooltoday.co.uk/slideshows/freckleton

i couldnt get your link to work either

anyway if you get the chance to read the book about it,its interesting(some pics not brill ) .The dodge wc 51 in one pic with a little guy sat on the radiator, was ours (taken in the early eighties during a reunion).

i couldnt get your link to work either

anyway if you get the chance to read the book about it,its interesting(some pics not brill ) .The dodge wc 51 in one pic with a little guy sat on the radiator, was ours (taken in the early eighties during a reunion).

Just tried them both and couldn't get either of them to work:banghead: Got to admit I had forgotten all about this crash but will look out for the book. Thanks for posting about it.

• 1 month later...