Hi from Dorset

Hi All

My name is Mark,and I am from sunny Bournemouth.I co-own a 1973 Landrover 109FFR with my mates Steve and Mel.We are currently in our first display season,and thoroughly enjoying every second of it so far.Displays to date have been Bournemouth Aviation Museum Vintage Transport Day,Trucks and Troops,Westbury Show,Duxford Military Vehicle Show,Canford Arena Steam and Vehicle show and Trowbridge Armed Forces and Veterans Weekend.

Over the course of the last few months,we have got to know a good number of people,and now we get together as a unit with some of them.We now display as the 118th Signals,with the following vehicles currently on strength: 109FFR,110FFR, 2 X Lightweights (one fully radio equipped,and all in working order) and a Green Goddess.We are gradually building up the kit,and hope to be fully 'operational' for next years show season.

If you happen across us at any events please come and say hello.At least two of the vehicles will be making the long trek to War and Peace this year along with a friend in his Hotchkiss.

Cheers

Mark

Hi Mark from here in Staffordshire. Love to see pics of your display (See my threads and Photo pic site) My mates and myself are doing the same up this part of the world, our first propper year as sig. display. Intrest has been fantastic from ex. service members through to radio hams.

Keep up the good work and hope we all meet up one day.

Andy.

Hi All

along with a friend in his Hotchkiss.

Cheers Mark

Hi

good to see you here would i be correct in surmising you hotchkiss friend could be of Chinese origin??

I don`t know which way you are thinking of taking to W&P but you may consider taking the old route rather than the motorway.

Ashley

Hi

good to see you here would i be correct in surmising you hotchkiss friend could be of Chinese origin??

I don`t know which way you are thinking of taking to W&P but you may consider taking the old route rather than the motorway.

Ashley

Hi Ashley

You are quite correct in your surmising!! We are taking the 109 and one of the lightweights,and I will be riding shotgun in the Hotchkiss to keep Dave company!!

Cheers

Mark

Greetings from a Mark in sunny stoke!!!

You were at Duxford? I probably took a picture of your vehicle(s) Were you parked up opposite a yellow 90?

Enjoy and welcome to this wonderful forum!!

Mark

Hi Mark

My vehicle was there and yes you did photograph it!! It is this one on you website:

http://marksmiltaryvehicles.fotopic.net/p65270046.html

I was unable to go as my sister was getting married,but Steve was there with the vehicle.

Some great photos there by the way

All the best

Mark

Hi Mark from here in Staffordshire. Love to see pics of your display (See my threads and Photo pic site) My mates and myself are doing the same up this part of the world, our first propper year as sig. display. Intrest has been fantastic from ex. service members through to radio hams.

Keep up the good work and hope we all meet up one day.

Andy.

Hi Andy

Some great photos there,and seeing your set up gives us some idea of where we have got to with ours! If you want to see a few shots of us at Trucks and Troops,have a look at our website here:

http://118thsignalsregiment.blog.co.uk/2010/06/14/118th-signals-regiment-may-news-8801831/

I am the loon sat with feet dangling out the back with desert camo and the SA80 on the way to the arena.

Do you do any shows further south? It would be great to meet up and have a chin wag!

Cheers

Mark

Edited by bizfreeq

Hi Mark, your 300mile round trip puts us to shame! But hope to travel further in future. The weight in the Sanky's and Landies does not do a lot for fuel consuption! Impressed with your webb site, gives us ideas. Fantastic that folks like you/us want to do more with these post war vehicles than just park them up at events. Lets keep up the good work and get noticed.

At mo I am waiting on a mil. gen. to power up the kit. We want to be able to demo the early command computers and printers in a command post role. Simon is in the comp. trade and got His sorted to show welcoms/information etc. Will spend a little more time looking at your site, can we keep in touch through it? to exchange ideas/events etc.

Andy.

Hi Ashley

You are quite correct in your surmising!! We are taking the 109 and one of the lightweights,and I will be riding shotgun in the Hotchkiss to keep Dave company!!

Cheers

Mark

Mark i hope you have a good pair of goggles :-D:-D you guys should check out the future events section of the forum and try and get to the Plains do in August lot of forum lads and lasses there amd some great driving t do

Ashley

Will spend a little more time looking at your site, can we keep in touch through it? to exchange ideas/events etc.

Andy.

Hi Andy

I know what you mean about the fuel!!

Contact me via my email address:

bizfreeq@yahoo.co.uk

That would make things a bit easier,as I am not sure we can through the site.

Cheers

Mark

Mark i hope you have a good pair of goggles :-D:-D you guys should check out the future events section of the forum and try and get to the Plains do in August lot of forum lads and lasses there amd some great driving t do

Ashley

Cheers for the tip Ashley!! I have a good pair of aviator glasses that should do the trick!! As for the Plains run,very interested,and am just discussing it with the rest of our lot as to who would be wanting to go too.Sounds like a fantastic do,so hope to see you there!

All the best

Mark