Dodge WC 52

25 pounder

Need to change the brakes on the Dodge , Steering wheel trembles a lot when hitting the pedal , probably the brake drums are oval , can try to rectify the drums on the lathe , does anybody knows what the maximum autorised diameter of the brake drum can be ?

Need to change the brakes on the Dodge , Steering wheel trembles a lot when hitting the pedal , probably the brake drums are oval , can try to rectify the drums on the lathe , does anybody knows what the maximum autorised diameter of the brake drum can be ?

.Try Gordon M, I'll look in the manual later today.

I have used brake drums at £5.00 each, if they may be of use to you.

I don't have a figure here for the maximum diameter, unfortunately, but I know there isn't a lot that can be taken off.

I'd start with a by-the-book service and adjustment, checking wheel bearings / track rod ends and so on first, and then bottom / top of shoes.

The order of adjustment is important

Gordon