Tilford, village at war

Here are some pictures of the "village at war" event held at the rural museum in Tilford, Farnham. This event has been running for a few years now and seems to get bigger and better every year. Weather was damp on the Saturday but a bit better on the Sunday which gave me a chance to dry the canvas out. Several demonstrations took part during the day with an air raid which was played over an excellent sound system which made it actually feel like there were planes overhead and cumulating in a downed German pilot being chased through the village. A pre D-Day training exercise being carried out by the Screaming Eagles and 514th Red ball living history groups, which was supported by large amounts of gas firing .30 and .50cal MG’s and 60mm and 80mm Mortars firing off with what I believe were bird scarer’s being dropped down the barrels. All this along with Home front demonstrations/tea dances etc. A fantastic setting and well worth a visit if you are in the area.

P1000128.jpg

P1000124.jpg

P1000123-1.jpg

P1000122.jpg

P1000121-1.jpg

P1000120-1.jpg

P1000119-1.jpg

P1000116.jpg

P1000115-1.jpg

P1000114-1.jpg

Edited by BIGREDONE

Cor, weather was certainly much better than the sat,.................the day we went.

Great pics.

Andy

Yes the weather was much better on the Sunday, Saturday was grim. Question, where you walking round with a lady dressed as a US medic?

Paul

Yes the weather was much better on the Sunday, Saturday was grim. Question, where you walking round with a lady dressed as a US medic?

Paul

Hi Paul, don't know about the medic bit but yes I was walking about with a lass in HBT's, ( I was carrying a sten and in jerkin, if that helps. :-))

All the best,

Andy

Hi Paul, don't know about the medic bit but yes I was walking about with a lass in HBT's, ( I was carrying a sten and in jerkin, if that helps. :-))

All the best,

Andy

All it was is that your picture looked familiar and I think you stopped by the tent and had a chat, we were at the back of the prefab and you may have asked about my tent heater....ill get me coat!

All it was is that your picture looked familiar and I think you stopped by the tent and had a chat, we were at the back of the prefab and you may have asked about my tent heater....ill get me coat!

Hi mate,.......yup, got you now, it twas me/us..........:D

Nice to meet you.

All the best,

Andy