Recommendation: Starter motors, dynamos etc

On another thread I posted the troubles I had with an ebay seller who would not help or communicate at all. But here is a quite different experience.

I had an occassional misfire on the starter motor on my Wolf. As this is due to go on sale soon, I didn't want the hassle for me or the new owner selling something with an unreliable component. I attempted to repair the solenoid myself but was unable to assemble the crimped edges of the solenoid case in a fully reliable way.

So I bought a remanufactured 24v starter motor from a firm on ebay. It was delivered promptly and worked fine, but on two occasions the solenoid stayed on & the motor still ran. This was rather annoying as I now had the hassle of returning it & being immobilised for longer.

I rang the company who were most apologetic and arranged for a replacement to be sent immediately. Once I had fitted it & was happy with it I was to return the defective one with my old starter motor at his expense.

This I did. The new motor is working fine & today I received my old starter motor that now had a new solenoid, brushes & bearings. All of this at no cost. It was a gesture of goodwill for my inconvenience. I found that the level of after sales service went far beyond what one might expect these days, especially perhaps with ebay.

So I have every confidence in dealing with & recommending Ray at Phoenix Marine Electrics.

http://stores.shop.ebay.co.uk/The-F-Parts-Place__W0QQ_armrsZ1