Model Maker requesting Information on Bedford QL series Trucks

Nik

Please can anyone help? I am building a model Bedford QLD truck based in Cyprus during 1956/57 and need some visual references. I am working in 1:35 scale starting with the Italeri Bedford QL kit and an Accrate Armour Conversion kit. The latter gives me parts for the enclosed cab, side mounted spare wheel and fuel tank but I will need to scratch build the 'tray'. I have some grainy images of these trucks in location and some drawings. I also have a book by R Coates called Bedford to Berlin. But what I haven't got is any detail on the tray. ie what did the floor look like, how were troop seats fitted and what the tail gate looked like and how was it attached to the chassis?

It would be great if someone can help. Thankyou.

Tom,

Thanks very much. Sorry for the late response but I still haven't got the hang of this site yet. Yes please I would like a copy of the drawing my address is 14, Burbidge Drive, Williamstown, Victoria 3016, Australia.

I'll reimburse postal costs if I can or if you can scan or photograph it you could e-mail me instead.

Cheers Nik

Willysancs

These are really great photos. Thankyou very much. You didnt happen to take a rear view by any chance? Do you know anything about this vehicle as it seems to have a modified rear wheel arch?

Again thanks for the photos. Nick

• 2 weeks later...