Playing in the snow with Russian/ Warsaw Pact Vehicles

Found a great video of a verity of vehicles doing a bit of travel on and off road in winter and what looks like a bit of camping its dated 2003, thought others might enjoy the view . I know we are ready for spring but good video none the less.

Something went wrong...

Very nice video indeed:-)! Thank you for sharing it. I think these guys are Czech as there are a couple of Prahas and I believe also some early Tatras, together with a Zil131, and a Gaz69.

Much as I love the snow, I don't think I would have joined them in camping overnight and the early morning sport... :shocked: Re-enactment can be carried too far... :D

Very nice video indeed:-)! Thank you for sharing it. I think these guys are Czech as there are a couple of Prahas and I believe also some early Tatras, together with a Zil131, and a Gaz69.

Much as I love the snow, I don't think I would have joined them in camping overnight and the early morning sport... :shocked: Re-enactment can be carried too far... :D

Yes you are correct I had not followed up on the link posted on the video it turns out this is a Military Vehicle club in Czechoslovakia the link http://www.klub-vm.eu/ If you have google's tool bar the translate page feature works very well and you can translate from Czech to a number of languages

part of their front page

The club focuses primarily on the rescue but the historical and contemporary military technology, cooperation with the Museum, the Army and the Czechoslovak Legionary community, and educational activities in the military history of our Republic. The emergence of the club and cooperation with the museum began in 1995. At that time there was only lit a bunch of enthusiasts. The legal personality of the club was only in 1998, registering at the Ministry of Interior

That was most entertaining to watch!! Loved the 6x6 fishtailing after the corner at about 1 min 25 sec. :D

And lovely to see (or so it appeared) that they had the support of the police in the vehicle movement - looked like police cars and personnel doing the traffic directions?

And lovely to see (or so it appeared) that they had the support of the police in the vehicle movement - looked like police cars and personnel doing the traffic directions?

I think it was another one of them. He looked like he was wearing military police uniform and he was waiving the little flags that were used for convoy and other signals in the Warsaw Pact. All vehicles should have a set. (I am yet to find the optimal position in mine :D) I also think that the car was a vintage one. At a guess the eastern equivalent of the Fiat 124. I am sure they had cleared it with the local police beforehand, as I think you are supposed to do in this country too for a convoy bigger than so many vehicles. They certainly look like a dedicated bunch of people! :-D I would love to join them, if I could be excused the early morning exercise!