Unidentified engine Parts

shopnut

Came across the following parts recently,con rods and pistons, but not able to indentfi what engine they fit, hoping someone on here might help out?, the con rods are marked G147 which I understand is International Halftrack, you can see more information on attached picture. The pistons may or may not have anything to do with the con rods, there was a label under the protective coating which reads:

SPFD 2732

PT.NO. E1 ADKN 6102 C

QTY 1

The crown measures 3 7/8", 4 rings above gudgeon pin and 1 below, the skirt has 2 splits, a arrow and the word front is marked on piston crown, the letter F is done in the same way as Ford Jeep marked.

Piston1310.jpg

ConRod1310.jpg

Thanks in advance.

The pistons may or may not have anything to do with the con rods, there was a label under the protective coating which reads:

SPFD 2732

PT.NO. E1 ADKN 6102 C

QTY 1

word front is marked on piston crown, the letter F is done in the same way as Ford Jeep marked.

I reckon those pistons are from a Fordson Major tractor with petrol / kerosene engine, from the numbers you listed.

Edited by Richard Farrant

The only Ford with a 3 7/8 bore size in a 1958 Hepolite catalogue is

1928/35 24H.P A,AA,B,BB, Pass.20 Seater,Sussex,Surrey,Thames, Six wheeler, ½-4 Ton

1938/48 24 HP New Four,FC, Sussex,Surrey,Thames, Six wheeler, Rigid Six, ¾-6Ton

This is as printed in the catalogue. Tried scanning the page but it didn’t work

The only Ford with a 3 7/8 bore size in a 1958 Hepolite catalogue is

1928/35 24H.P A,AA,B,BB, Pass.20 Seater,Sussex,Surrey,Thames, Six wheeler, ½-4 Ton

1938/48 24 HP New Four,FC, Sussex,Surrey,Thames, Six wheeler, Rigid Six, ¾-6Ton

Chris,

The New Major of the 1950's with petrol engine had bore size of 95mm and the vapourising oil engine ( E1ADKN ) was a bore size of 100 mm. The top of a piston is always slightly smaller than bore size, so I think the 3 7/8" would indicate this to be a VO engine piston, and the part number shows this.

Richard ( spent my early days working on tractors, never forget some things :-))

• 9 months later...