Tire pressure...

Jack

Whilst we were out on our chippy and pub road run last night I decided that it would be a good idea to check the tire pressures :blush:

Most of them - well all of the 8 rear tires were around the 30 PSI mark, how severe would this effect its running efficiency?

Cheers

Jack.

Theoretically it would increase the fuel consumption and it will also cause excess tyre wear, the tyre will also run hotter which can lead to a blowout and if it's a front tyre that blows it could be catastrophic. Incidentally you should always check your tyre pressures when cold as the pressure increases with heat generated when driving therefor giving false readings.

Cheers

Degsy

so what psi should they be ?

ta

Benri

55............wow, I just passed on some knowledge :-o

Does it hurt? :banghead:

Here sit down quickly :cofee: and take a few minutes to get your bearings :nut:...

cheers jack,

only an intellegant female can ask a stupid question to make a man feel good about himself :-D :yay!:

but it is handy to know

ta

Berni

Thanks Berni - my ego is now suitably inflated....I think.

i just thought i'd ask the question for all the other chappies out there who may have been too embarrassed to ask for themselves...

we do need to check ours as the Jimmy is now going to beltring and i thought i would look real smart if i looked as though i knew what i was doing.

ps

it was a very good answer jack & you should feel proud that you knew it.

ta

Berni

ps

it was a very good answer jack & you should feel proud that you knew it.

ta

Berni

To right Berni, I have told everyone who I have spoken to today...they seem to think I am nuts. :cry: