Part number for a 101

Tony B

Question

13 answers to this question

Can anyone help me with the part number for the Left Hand Track rod end, for aLEFT hand Drive, 101. It is the track rod arm with the sterring damper bracket attached? Be very grateful.

the parts book shows item 3 (see pdf below) is number 599497 - "ball joint assembly LH thread" (picture clearly shows this part has the steering damper attachment)

20100210175810206.pdf

Edited by john fox

Are you a member of the 101 club? I think it's the only likelihood of getting the part at a reasonable price.

I think they were listed at over £100 from Land Rover dealers when I last enquired and that was for a plain one without the damper bracket.

The asterisk means they're a unique part to Land Rover 101's. What makes them even more unique is the bend in them just beyond the threaded section.

:wow::wow: We are talking the same bit? Bit numbe 3 in the picture?

Oops!

It's the ordinary track rod ends Part No's 599488 and 599489 Left and Right hand threads that the club listed at £15.16.

They didn't list the specially extended ones with the bend. They do list a track rod end repair kit though which I believe is to suit these parts. The ball and seat can be removed from the end by removing the Circlip on the top, similiar to Range Rover drop arm ball joints.

Hi Tony,

Been looking and checking thread, beaten to it every time, what knowledgable lot out there.

I've checked through my notes, and think the best course is the repair kit AEU2761, at that cost. I got my RHS track Rod End 599496 from John Craddocks, in 2008 for £39 plus P&P & VAT (08453444111) Have you tried them yet??

Brian.

Hi Brian, joined 101 club, spocken to Darren. The club does a repair kit for under £10. Do you know anything about it? It's intriguing me how it would work. The real annoying thing is that it's a couple of hours work at most to do the job, if I can get the d** bit!! Will PM