gmc tavern

griff66

Question

I know this thread has been 'dead' for a while, but I've only just joined the forum. I have bought and am rebuilding a Tavern from Withams.

Firstly to explain the truck - they're based on a 1998 Chevrolet 3500HD chassis cab. The original vechile was a LHD 2WD, I don't know if it was Penham who converted them to 4WD, but they certainly did the RHD conversion. The 4WD conversion uses a fabricated adaptor onto the standard 2WD gearbox and a Borgwarner 4407 transfer case. The front axle replaces the standard drop beam front axle and lifts the front of the truck 4" above standard. The rear axle uses 3" blocks to level the lift.

They were offered by Withams as non-runners and it looks difficult to get them running due to the Penham installed immobiliser, but there is an easy way to get them running very quickly. If I told you I'd have to kill you though, so PM me if you're looking to get one running.

Witham claim they've sold the last one, but last time I went up there (June) they still had 20 odd standing around. Has anybody been there in the last couple of weeks?

Hi

I have found a few of these in Doncaster. I am going to look at them tomorrow. I already have a chevy pick up and I am hoping to use this for spares. How hard are they to get running and have you managed to register yours ?