tracked SPGs

schliesser92

I had just been posted in to 3 Div Signals (Carter Barracks, Bulford Camp) . My father (ex-RA) came up to Larkhill, picked me up and we went along. It was extremely interesting, although rather loud!

Were you still 3 Div Signals in 1977? Did you deploy to BAOR with 3 Armd Div in Oct 1977? Bazz and I moved with 15/19H from Tidworth to Paderborn as 3 Armd Div Armd Recce Regt and had Task Force Echo HQ and Signals Tp share our barracks.

Were you still 3 Div Signals in 1977? Did you deploy to BAOR with 3 Armd Div in Oct 1977? Bazz and I moved with 15/19H from Tidworth to Paderborn as 3 Armd Div Armd Recce Regt and had Task Force Echo HQ and Signals Tp share our barracks.

No. I left for 22 Signal Regt (Rear Corps) in Lippstadt in 1974.In 1975 I did my T1 upgrading course and then onto 1 Ard Div Signals in Verden (Dec 75). Mid-1978 I moved to 8 Signal Regt (Catterick) on the permanent staff, prior to my demob in 1980.I must admit, the airportable role was extremely diverse and interesting.