Rushden Cavalcade

Booked in with Antar, Dyson, Explorer. I hope we can take that lot, depends on a lot of things but that is the current plan.

If you can get to Rushden, why not Stoke Goldington, there are more or less next to each other?

I would love to come to this event, but it's on the same weekend as the Abingdon Air Show and the Mrs wants to see her planes. She stated that as we are going to the Stratford Armouries show the following weekend she wanted to go to Abingdon (well who am I to argue):undecided:

I hope you have a good time there, it is a very good show.

If you can get to Rushden, why not Stoke Goldington, there are more or less next to each other?

I would love to come to this event, but it's on the same weekend as the Abingdon Air Show and the Mrs wants to see her planes. She stated that as we are going to the Stratford Armouries show the following weekend she wanted to go to Abingdon (well who am I to argue):undecided:

I hope you have a good time there, it is a very good show.

Because Rushden is a three day rally and has a cracking Real Ale beer tent. Stoke Goldington's bar was so bad we walked into the village and used one of the pubs there, and it is the same fuel bill but for only two days fun. The journey is worth it for Rushden, and it is also an opportunity, that doesn't happen everyday to get a pair of Antar/ Dyson 50 ton trailer combinations side by side. Stoke Godington is good in an underataed sort of way.

Because Rushden is a three day rally and has a cracking Real Ale beer tent. Stoke Goldington's bar was so bad we walked into the village and used one of the pubs there, and it is the same fuel bill but for only two days fun. The journey is worth it for Rushden, and it is also an opportunity, that doesn't happen everyday to get a pair of Antar/ Dyson 50 ton trailer combinations side by side. Stoke Godington is good in an underataed sort of way.

That's why I wanted to go instead of Abingdon, a nice 3 day show to kick off the show season. Fair point ref fuel though.

Last time I was at Stoke I had a chat with Fred Dibnah (in the beer tent of course). I even got his autograph. Top bloke, sadly no longer with us.

That's why I wanted to go instead of Abingdon, a nice 3 day show to kick off the show season. Fair point ref fuel though.

Last time I was at Stoke I had a chat with Fred Dibnah (in the beer tent of course). I even got his autograph. Top bloke, sadly no longer with us.

Couldn't stand the bloke, I thought he was an Arse.....Turned up at Rusden, Chauffer driven, Someone else bought his engine and van, unloaded it, lit the fire , cleaned it etc. Dibnah was taken off to a posh hotel everynight, Chauffer driven. Wouldn't sleep in his own living van, he had to be in a four star hotel. All Dinah did all day was pretend he had brought the Roller down, and that he was looking after it, whilst others did the work, and he signed copies of his book.

He found someone underselling him on his own videos, Someone whom he had sold the videos to for re-sale, so thenhe went off crying to the committee and trying to get the other bloke thrown off the rally field, or made to charge a higher price, so his own price would be the lowest on the field. Sorry I think the bloke was an Arse. To have as many divorces as he had there has to be a problem with the bloke, Nope, don't miss him.....

Edited by antarmike

Couldn't stand the bloke, I thought he was an Arse.....Turned up at Rusden, Chauffer driven, Someone else bought his engine and van, unloaded it, lit the fire , cleaned it etc. Didnah was taken off to a posh hotel everynight, Chauffer driven. Wouldn't sleep in his own living van, he had to be in a four star hotel. All Dinah did all day was pretend he had brought the Roller down, and that he was looking after it, whilst others did the work, and he signed copies of his book.

He found someone underselling him on his own videos, Someone whom he had sold the videos to for re-sale, then went off crying to the committee and trying to get the other bloke thrown off the rally field, or made to charge a higher price, so his own price would be the lowest on the field. Sorry I think the bloke was an Arse. To have as many divorces as he had there has to be a problem with the bloke, Nope, don't miss him.....

Well, what can I say...:wow:

I met him in the days when he was first on the TV. He had his own engine, did all his own cleaning, was in coveralls and covered in coal dust and soot, was very personable and down to earth. I can't speak for what he was like after, but it looks like fame changed him, but then doesn't it change everyone?

Well, what can I say...:wow:

I met him in the days when he was first on the TV. He had his own engine, did all his own cleaning, was in coveralls and covered in coal dust and soot, was very personable and down to earth. I can't speak for what he was like after, but it looks like fame changed him, but then doesn't it change everyone?

I express a personal opinion, others may see him differently. I have another piece of info regarding the man I will PM you in confidence.

Hi MIke , I have to say I am a great fan of Fred's work and don't really think this is the place to express such a negative opinion of a much loved person who is very sadly no longer with us !

as I say others might not agree with me, but having been told to "F off" by the bloke I don't intend to remove the post...

ooooo..... well moving swiftly on.................

I am booked in to Rushden with my WMIK, I have never been before but really looking forward to it.....a Rushden virgin so to speak........

The real Ale tent is excellent. It is crewed by members of RHTS and the choice is wonderful, (but expect some beers to be drunk dry on the Sunday sometime.) There are three road runs but the last couple of years they haven't been well supported.(price of fuel). I took the Antar on the St Neots road run one year, but I won't be this year. AS much the bends at Kimbolton as anything else!.

A good military presence including usually NLBA in attendance in some numbers.

as I say others might not agree with me, but having been told to "F off" by the bloke I don't intend to remove the post...

Clearly Mr Dibnah was able to draw his own opinions also then :cool2:

but as this thread isn't about him but an event lets keep on topic and flaming goes for persons alive or otherwise

Mr Dibnah, a fine upstanding gentleman had his stall in pride of place beside the roadway , where everyone walked past. It was also were everyone drove past. I stopped in front of his stall , stuck in traffic, and he invited me to move my vehicle, and myself to some other location so that people could browse his wares. Seeing as I was stuck in traffic, this was a kind suggestion of his which I appreciated but unfortunately with traffic behind and infront, all stationary, I was unable to comply with.

Why Sex was involved with me moving my Matador, I didn't see at the time, but seeing as Mr Dibnah was busy trying to sell his wares, I thought I would leave him to his business, rather than asking for further clarification.

Edited by antarmike

Hope to see you there Nick.

He wasn't there last year for some reason but Alan Plummer is usually there with his (still Petrol) BD series Explorer, we could get three BD's in a line for a photo?

i like the sound of that mike we where goin to try to and get a photo of mine and andis together at dorset but we never got round to it did we ,

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...