Digital Photographers

biscuits_brown

I'm something of a "silly" photographer at MV shows.

Several hundred photos over a weekend would not be unusual, over the course of Beltring week I can touch 1000 if I try :wink:

This'll be the first year that I'll be using a digital SLR and a thought has occurred...

Beltring = Dust!

Any suggestions?

• 1 month later...

Just seen this - so take some advice for next year. DON'T CHANGE YOUR LENS ANYWHERE NEAR THE ARENA - if at all. I use an SLR and a digi compact for all my work To be honest this arrangement did not work so well this year and I will get a second SLR to mount a decent telephoto lens permanently, while still making use of the digi snapper. Zoomer and I were snapping people in the beer tents for the show website and my D70S did not like focusing in the dark at all - so a snapper would be better for some of the event. Some pros get proper dust hoods for their kit. But I can't be arsed. The compressed air does help - but read up on CCD care for SLRs - you can seriously ufck them up if you are not careful. I wrecked two Nikon F70 film cameras at Beltring in 2005. But the results were fantastic. So.... NEVER feel bad about taking too many snaps. I kept my total down to 3,000 this year over 4 days. My problem is they all seem to be of drunk extras from Allo Allo and an Elvis impersonater - not MVs.