Has anyone used Prontopaints NATO green paint ?

shatters

• 2 weeks later...
Go to your local car paint supplier, I use synthectic satin finsh. Can be thinned with white spirit and I use it straight from the tin.

Been and asked locally but they need a paint mixing code, does anyone know what number I need ?

Phil

NATO Green is BS381C, Shade #285 (or RAL #6014).

The Marcus Glenn stuff is pretty good - slightly lighter than the original shade but you can only really see it with the light against it. If the whole vehicle was done in the same colour it'd look a very close match.

Stone

• 3 weeks later...
Many thanks must go to Royal Ordanance who have just supplied 5 Litres of Matt IRR NATO Green paint in return for a token donation to a local charity.

:-\:-\:-\:-\:-\

Phil

Would they do same for sand paint? And how do you contact them?

• 3 months later...

Prontopaints stuff is excellent!

White spirit based polyurethane, dosen't react with anything else, good depth of colour, good coverage etc, couldnt recommend them highly enough.

Oh, and really quick on the postage, even to the north of scotland!

Alec.

the staff at Pronto-paints used to work for Mason paints, and are working to the Mason's formulas etc. It is very, very good stuff. Although it can be mixed with white spirit, you really should use their own recommended thinners, as white spirit can be quite variable on quality depending on supplier. When I first started painting, we used to use white spirit from Mason's, it came in a 5 litre tin and cost £20 + vat 15 years ago, it was much purer than the stuff you get from B&Q etc.

Another good supplier is 'Williamsons' up at Ripon, not cheap, but it's all quality stuff, and the guys in technical know their stuff, so if you aren't sure what you'll need, they'll tell you.