Tiger @ tankfest

Hi all,

due to a refit in Kent the Tiger tank will[/ run at Tankfest this year :-)

but may be others can confirm this (if they are allowed ?)

Also the event will become an annual one with themes i.e. next year the theme wil be American vehicles,then British ,then german.

Looks like the museum is to promote its self more :-) hope this info is true as the week end is drawing near

Ashley

Hi all,

due to a refit in Kent the Tiger tank will[/ run at Tankfest this year :-)

but may be others can confirm this (if they are allowed ?)

Also the event will become an annual one with themes i.e. next year the theme wil be American vehicles,then British ,then german.

Looks like the museum is to promote its self more :-) hope this info is true as the week end is drawing near

Ashley

Ash

Could you repeat that, over? :?

Hi Jack,

the word has it that the engine of the tiger tank was sent to a company in kent. They have carried out what ever work was required to get it running properly.

It has now ben refitted and is ready to run at this years Tankfest.

The origin of this info could not gaurentee its authenticity even though it came from high up in the museum management team.

The Tankfest is to (hopefully) become a annual event. These will be themed events (vehicle wise) i.e. U.S, one year then British, then German thats all i know at present.

Ashley

I'm going as part of the WWII LHA, and we've been asked to bring panzer crew uniform if we have it, to help crew whatever german tanks might be running. There are rumours of the PzIII and Tiger I and possibly others coming out to play.