Bedford RL mine cab bowser

Fyll

Can anybody provide more pics of this mine cabbed RL water bowser? It was used as fire vehicle by UN forces in Cyprus. I need more and if possible cleared pics, as I would like to build a model and I've only been able to find these two, which are what got me started in the first place.:-D

The vehicle is no longer in Cyprus and I've been told that it has returned to the UK and has been restored.

Thanks in Advance

Fyll

rl mine cab cyprus 1986.jpg

2056914890049683514pqzcci_ph.jpg

I was in 7 Sqn RCT and was out in Cprus Jan to July 92. This was out there then and also a couple of knockers and J Type Bedfords! Ive seen a few more pics of the Fire Truck on Facebook..cant remember which groups so will take a bit of searching.

We also had a VW bay window camper type vehicle that was the UN Hearse..good for shopping trips in Nicosia!

Heres a pic.

UN Hearse!!.jpg

On the subject of Cyprus bowsers, does anyone have any pictures of the one used at Episkopi that was mounted on Bedford MK? There is (or was) a front three quarter shot of it somewhere on the six appeal wheel website which is useful, but I'm looking for a rear shot so that I can make a model of it.

• 13 years later...