Ferret centre side bin

robin craig

Have you concidered turning your new centre bin into a carfridge?

Here in OZ in 1968, we were camped in an area known as the Little Desert in Northern Victoria. My crews and I always had cold beer, even when it was 38-40 degrees outside in the shade. How? We converted our centre bins into an esky or car fridge. Can't remember how many cans fitted in the bin, but with ice added we were sweet. We made it for about 3 weeks before we were tumbled. I actually got credit for being smart instead of being placed on a fizzer.

So, maybe you could do some mods to the new bins.

Regards Rick

I may be having the bins made here as the cost of labour is much less than the UK. I will likely have them made in kit form and you can finish them, this also reduces the size for shipping thereby making it more affordable.

As far as the ice box (field improvised) of the said bin, in Canada they used the spare wheel stowage bin. The SOP was to take a sandbag with a small amount of wet sand in it and mould it to the bottom of the space and then load it up with the beverage of choice then snag a CO2 fire extingusher and let it off into the sand bag.

Robin

I may be having the bins made here as the cost of labour is much less than the UK. I will likely have them made in kit form and you can finish them, this also reduces the size for shipping thereby making it more affordable.

Robin

Kit form would be the best way to go I was going to draw the centre bin up just hadn't had the time. How would you go about making the lids up for the bins would you simplify them and remove the rust traps?