Flyboy

raf753

My name is Mike , and I have the misfortune to live in London .

I am ex RAF , wherein I was what was (is ?) known as a Fairy .

Please ask if you do not understand .

I am a wrinkly , and live with my son---who drives for and instructs the military---whose redeeming features include owning a Camel Discovery , genuine issue by Landrover . He got it part exchange for a Defender .

I make models of MV's , and have done for about 3000 years by the feel of things .

So I joined your site with a view to learning-------------we are never too old to learn . Too cocky maybe , but never too old .

Thus I shall be unable to make many contributions .

I also make model trains and follow them around the garden .

I am disabled , so own two vehicles ,a Jeep Grand Cherokee and a buggy to save trying to walk .

Nice to meet you all .

Mike

I am disabled , so own two vehicles ,a Jeep Grand Cherokee and a buggy to save trying to walk .

Mike

Welcome! Bring the buggy round to the clubhouse paintshop Thursday evening and we'll give it an all-over coat of olive drab and a white star.

Models - gawd, more fiddly than the real thing. Check out BBC2, Tuesday 8pm - full-size Airfix Spitfire .....

Welcome! Although I'm in my 50s I don't consider myself a wrinkly yet!

I am not an MV owner, just take photos of them! However, I do make and collect armour and vehicles in British service from the Normandy campaign all to 1/72 scale. I don't go for the 'mint' fresh from the factory look as let's face it, how many vehicles at that time looked that way! I already have quite a collection, which one day I will get around to photographing and putting on here. There is also a growing queue of various tanks, armoured vehicles and trucks building up in my cupboard waiting to be started.

Welcome! Bring the buggy round to the clubhouse paintshop Thursday evening and we'll give it an all-over coat of olive drab and a white star.

Models - gawd, more fiddly than the real thing. Check out BBC2, Tuesday 8pm - full-size Airfix Spitfire .....

Good idea about the buggy , but it is colour matched with the Grand Cherokee .

The buggy is not however matched as far as the drive is concerned , having only two wheel drive .

Nor does it have a climate control , electric seats , or a steering wheel . I was a bit worried about the latter at first , but found that handy bumps can throw it in the general direction needed .

Mike xraf

• 2 weeks later...
Good idea about the buggy , but it is colour matched with the Grand Cherokee .

The buggy is not however matched as far as the drive is concerned , having only two wheel drive .

Nor does it have a climate control , electric seats , or a steering wheel . I was a bit worried about the latter at first , but found that handy bumps can throw it in the general direction needed .

Mike xraf

Perhaps you need one of these then http://www.kemcare.co.nz/

Welcome to the playpen, boi!