North Staffs and Cheshire Traction Engine Club, October Steam Party

Went to the NS & CTEC Steam Party on Sunday and had a really good day out, helped by some lovely late autumn sunshine and quite a few different exhibits which I hadn't seen before (including a couple of surprises). The show is based on their Klondyke Mill site in Draycott in the clay, Staffordshire and the whole site (including workshops) are opened up for visitors.

There were a couple of military vehicles on display and around 25 steam exhibits, which is great for a show of this size. While hiding down the bottom end of the site there was a nice surprise in the form of a Scammell Pioneer. A really good show and certainly one to visit next year as they have one in both June and October.

Below are a collection of pictures from Sunday, including one of our Austin Gipsy :-D

001.jpg

006.jpg

018.jpg

008.jpg

015.jpg

011.jpg

025.jpg

010.jpg

023.jpg

029.jpg

looks like a good rally, never been to Klondike, even though it not far from me

Mark

Yes it is a good rally and like I have already mentioned they have one in June as well, ususually the first weekend in June going on previous years.

It was the first time I had been for over ten years as well although I have driven past the site a number of times over the years when going to Ashbourne et al.