Tank Tansporter Coupling

Richard Hughes

I have a Scammell Pioneer Tank transporter (30 ton) which like most of them out there does not have the 5th wheel coupling still in place. Does anyone out there know of or have any plans for the correct 5th wheel coupling which is unique to this vehicle. I am thinking of getting one made up but need to have some plans to work from.

I spoke to several people on the Scammell register but with no luck , and also seen the bottom half of the one at Cobbaton in Devon .

Can anyone out there help ???

I have a Scammell Pioneer Tank transporter (30 ton) which like most of them out there does not have the 5th wheel coupling still in place. Does anyone out there know of or have any plans for the correct 5th wheel coupling which is unique to this vehicle. I am thinking of getting one made up but need to have some plans to work from.

I spoke to several people on the Scammell register but with no luck , and also seen the bottom half of the one at Cobbaton in Devon .

There is a complete tractor and trailer knocking about somwhere, I think it is in the South Yorkshire area, perhaps try the MVT ?

John

Theres one in the REME museum this might be worth a look