Bangsbo Fort, Fredrikshavn, Denmark

Early morning before we had to board the ferry back to Oslo I was able to visit Bangsbo Fort, which is located 5 mins outside of Fredrikshavn. The little one and I went there at six o'clock, so nothing was open yet. But we found what we were looking for. Unfortunetly my camera batteries died after just a few shots, so I used the cell phone for the rest hence the lousy quality.

Here's the photos:

IMG_4990.jpg

IMG_4987.jpg

IMG_4985.jpg

IMG_4986.jpg

IMG_4988.jpg

IMG_4989.jpg

Bilde090.jpg

Marty

Yep, part of the atlantic wall. There's a website dedicated to the bunkers along the atlantic. Denmark has plenty of old bunkers down their beaches. Norway has a few as well. Bangsbo seems to be one of the better ones.

I'll have to go back there someday with full batteries and more time. Perhaps even bring a Jeep down too! :-)

Marty

The next time I'm in the area I'll make sure to get some indoor photos as well. It looks like they have a nice thing going here with operational bunkers and MV rides for the pubic and such. Someone is doing a great job!

Marty