Witham tender MOD core plant Land Rovers

dan110

The current Witham tender contains some Land Rovers that have "MOD core plant" lettering.

What is MOD core plant?

Is there any special reason why these Land Rovers have more rust than usual?

Would anyone going to the viewing days be willing to take some detailed pictures of the RAF police Station Wagon for me?

I wonder if that also came from the MOD core plant and how bad the rust on it is.

Daniel

Daniel, MOD core plant are the vehicles used by the civillian facilities management company at Mount Pleasant airfield in the Falklands.

Last year some Bedford MK/J sewage trucks and gully emptiers passed through Withams they were sheds when I saw them at mt pleasant in 1995. Rust is extreme down there! beware

TED

The current Witham tender contains some Land Rovers that have "MOD core plant" lettering.

What is MOD core plant?

Is there any special reason why these Land Rovers have more rust than usual?

Would anyone going to the viewing days be willing to take some detailed pictures of the RAF police Station Wagon for me?

I wonder if that also came from the MOD core plant and how bad the rust on it is.

Daniel

Re MOD police station could you give me a link to it please I cannot see it on their website ??

Ta

Re MOD police station could you give me a link to it please I cannot see it on their website ??

Ta

Lot 49 on http://www.mod-sales.com/tender/listing.htm

It is next to one of the core plant Land Rover but that doesn't mean much.

The front bumper and the side steps show severe rust but the rest of the body looks ok in the one picture they have.

I don't know what to make of this.

Daniel

over_large.png%7CCBR%7C100

Lot 49 on http://www.mod-sales.com/tender/listing.htm

It is next to one of the core plant Land Rover but that doesn't mean much.

The front bumper and the side steps show severe rust but the rest of the body looks ok in the one picture they have.

I don't know what to make of this.

Daniel

over_large.png%7CCBR%7C100

I wouldn't touch that with a barge pole, bumper rusted through on a 53 plate, hate to think what the chassis must be like:shake: