Bedford QLT photographs- plea for help

lufbramatt

Hi all,

I'm in need of some high resolution photographs of the Bedford QLT troop carrier 4x4 truck for a modelling project, as I think I have downloaded every single picture on the web but there are some aspects that I cannot find reference materila for, particularly the spare wheel carrier, the machine gun mount on the front of the tilt, and the front of the body behind the cab.

If anyone has any decent photos, drawings or knowlege of where I could find a real vehicle to take my own pictures it would be very much appreciated!

my email is matt_whiting (at) hotmail .co.uk if anyone would be able to help me out . ..

thanks in advance!

Edited by lufbramatt

email recieved, many thanks for that. i was actually able to visit a lovely QLT up near chelmsford on saturday and was given free reign to climb all over/under it and got all the pics and measurements i needed.

so now i just need a few details from a standard QLD body, which oddly seem to be the hardest to find?

• 2 weeks later...

one more question, does anyone have any photos showing the rear drop door on a Bedford QLD body?

i have one or two fuzzy images which dont match with the drawings i have, and one very clear image but im not sure if its a genuine QLD body on the chassis as it doesnt match the drawings or the other 2 photos.

the photos i have show the rear door panel on the body divided into 3 squares, with two long hinge bars at the bottom. but the drawings show the rear door divided into 2 sections with diagonal bracing from the middle bottom up to the top corners, and 3 small hinges at the bottom.

anyone know which pattern is correct/most typical? or was it related to one type being on the APT version?

many thanks

matt

Edited by lufbramatt