Models....

Jack

Got it in one :D I've just measured the length of the front bumper on my 1/35 model deuce & it is 1 3/4" so multiply by 35 = 61 1/4". So go & measure your bumper

Ok I will, I drove it to the office this morning.

..........be right back.

Ok just re-measured mine more acurately with a micrometer & it works out to 63 1/2", so pretty close. You must have put too many coats of paint on yours :shock:

........didn't use one of those, so I expect you are right!

When I was a kid I could never understand why a 1/72nd scale model of a railway locomotive that weighed 72 tons didn't weigh 1 ton.

It all became clear when I experimented with my Lego and found that if I built a 2x2x2 block it was twice the size of a single block but contained 8 blocks. Therefore a 1/72 model is 1/72x72x72 the volume of the original.

There are all sorts of scales when it comes to models.

As well as the simple fractions, 1/35, 1/72 etc. there are something to the foot scales like 4mm and 7mm where 4mm or 7mm on the model represents 1 foot on the original.

Model railways use letters, Guage 1 = 10mm to the foot, Guage O = 7mm to the foot, HO (Half O) = 3.5mm to the foot etc.

Model soldiers use the height of the figures from ground to eye level. 25mm and 54mm are common ones.

So a single model could be described as 25mm, 4mm, 1/72nd or OO. They are all very nearly the same.