Help needed on mawdsley lister generator

Does anyone out there know where I could get wiring diagram for old Lister powered Mawdsley gen set.Lister engine is 3 cyl water cooled unit powering 17.5kva alternator with seperate 154 volt excitor.Unit is contained on Taskers single axle trailer.Looks to be ww2 vintage.In original condition but excitor does not seem to work.Would like to know what this would have powered.Frame plate on unit-RA Lister Dursley England

PLANT No 33101NA ENGINE No 60 36276 ALT No FA6K10023 VOLTS 230 KVA 17.5.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi Peter, sorry for late reply.Have been out of action for a few months.Info I need is wiring diagram for excitor for alternator.Has been disconnected at some time for repairs & was never reconnected.Excitor is belt driven from main drive.Have never seen anything like this type.Would like to know how to rewire & test.

Noel

Have you got the Isenthal regulator fitted?

Although my 15kVA wiring diagram is not specifically for your unit, the exciter wiring is probably going to be generically suitable.

The output of the exciter section is controlled by the hand control or the vibrating regulator, either the engine or belt driven type.

I'll get the scanner out tomorrow night and scan this last small page detail, it shows the exciter connections etc etc.

Peter

• 2 years later...

Hello All,:-D

Found this old thread.

I have recently bought a JP engined generator.

Are copies of book 241 still available.

also, where's the best place to start looking for any info on the control panel?

The engine has no governor, are units available? Or should I look at retro fitting a modern unit?

TIA Aaron

I had to find the box with the manuals in, so apologies for the delay in replying!

I have:

Book 215 15kVA FA6 Alternator and Isenthal regulator.

Book 182 22kW DC.

Book 241 JP Engines and some generator info.

Let me know what information you need.

Peter

• 10 years later...
On 9/19/2009 at 11:56 AM, listerdiesel said:

I had to find the box with the manuals in, so apologies for the delay in replying!

I have:

Book 215 15kVA FA6 Alternator and Isenthal regulator.

Book 182 22kW DC.

Book 241 JP Engines and some generator info.

Let me know what information you need.

Peter