Your favourite of the saracen family.

mick garner

Your favourite six wheeler?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Your favourite six wheeler?

Ahem!!!!!!!

If you REALLY want to be technical about this its actually the SALADIN Family as this was the first one that went into development. The SARACEN was the first of the line to go into production due to the Malayan crisis.

Just a bit of trivia fact to chew on :twisted:

Anyway if its got a big gun its got to be better and lets be sensible about this chaps the entire family with the exception of the SARACEN has the engine in the right place, BEHIND the driver :P

Ask any driver of a SarryCan if he gets "hotfoot" a condition not found on any of the others in the range. :roll:

Ahem!!!!!!!

If you REALLY want to be technical about this its actually the SALADIN Family as this was the first one that went into development. The SARACEN was the first of the line to go into production due to the Malayan crisis.

Just a bit of trivia fact to chew on :twisted:

Anyway if its got a big gun its got to be better and lets be sensible about this chaps the entire family with the exception of the SARACEN has the engine in the right place, BEHIND the driver :P

Ask any driver of a SarryCan if he gets "hotfoot" a condition not found on any of the others in the range. :roll:

I thought the book was "The Saracen Family" :wink:

Book might be that Lee but if you read it it also states the Sally was the first in development and not the Sarry

So even Bill Munro got it wrong :roll:

Well it got my vote anyway because it goes bang, but I reserve the right to withdraw that if I do anymore damage to my head while fixing your transfer box..

at least its warm in the winter john :wink:

So's the Mk 2 Stalwart - got a nice little heater unit in the cab - provided the last one in remembers to close the hatches!! :D

Mind you - leave the handbrake on and I believe even the Mk 1 can get a nice warm cab after a while :oops:

(ps - spot on about my vote Mick!!)

It's got to be the SWD (Special Water Dispenser) for me, makes the Salamander look like a water pistol!

SaracenSWD2.jpg

Mean or what? This baby can fire a bolt of water 1.5 inches diameter and 13 foot long driven from a pressure of 4000psi. Or it can go into drench mode. This was used by EOD but was originally intended for riot control. In tests it blew the flesh off sheep carcasses :twisted:

(There will be an article coming up, sometime!)

Hi,

I think my vote has to go to the Saladin, just like a tank but with wheels. Very Nice, wish I had enough cash to get one... :cry: I know about that saladin first thing, it wasn't needed at the time an apc was, so they adopted the same layout and used it to make the saracen, I just got it from the book as you said.

Mick.

Neil you are smaller than me and I manage it :roll: just :wink:

Have to see if you fit in mine next time its out

If I am - then at 6' tall and 22 stone in weight it'll be the first time since the eighties that I've been smaller than someone :D

Going to be an interesting experiment trying your's for size though!!!! :D

I quite like having a personnel carrier, they are useful for shows, especially when it rains or very sunny - you can sit in the back with a hot or cold drink, depending on conditions! You can also sleep in the back, which saves putting up a tent. I wouldn't fancy trying to sleep in a turret, I think I'd probably wake up with a sharp bit of metal stuck in my face.

If I were to have an FV600 it'd have to be a Saracen Mk 5 ACV. I did bid on the one below, but someone beat me to it by a hundred quid.

Withams-2004-1%20(22).JPG

Chris