Plans for weapons?

Wasn't there a provision in the act for being a museum / public display?

Registered museums..yes... Public displays are covered by reenactment the MV Clubs didn't do enough to get MV owners recognised in their own right as the Airsofters & reenactors did..

• 3 weeks later...
Not much better if you are a member of a group! I've ordered a wooden Webley Mk VI as a holster filler for my Lewis/Vickers gunner's webbing (can't really justify £500+ for something you'll only see the butt of), and it just comes in plain black, so i'll have to repaint it to look more realistic

:cry:

£500 !!!!!

I used to own (and shoot) a Mk VI - I paid £80 for it plus another tenner for a spare cylinder (Which locked up tighter than a really tight thing and was far more accurate in use than the original cylinder). I had 40 thou machined off the rear of the spare cylinder so that I could shoot 45acp in full moon clips - it shot like a dream - 3-4" groups at 25m offhand which was more than good enough to embarrass a lot of the guys using precision .38sp trick revolvers !

I got £250 in compensation from the Government - I could have kept it as it was of 'special interest' but it was only ever a toy for a bit of fun - my real shooting was done with a .22lr Walther target pistol which I couldn't keep.

:cry:

Edited by Marmite!!
No politics....

:-(

I remember the Saturday before they stole the self loaders - a bunch of us kept a Garand shooting continuously for several hours .......

1. Load clip

2. Join queue

3. Adopt the prone position on the firing point

4. Pickup Garand

5. Aim

6. Empty clip

7. Repeat 1-6

After a few magazines the woodwork began to steam, after a few more it began to smoke, a few more and the barrel turned grey and then there was the smell of scorched wood ......

By the end of the three full ammo boxes the rifle was probably only good for scrap but at least it went out with a bang !

The stupid thing is that I was grouping as well with my .357 Smith and Wesson as I was with the Garand (8" groups at 100 yards - Bisley was full of guys having a last shoot and we could only get on the short range)

:-(