Militant Mk 1 for sale

ArtistsRifles

Having to sell my Militant Mk1 due to no work = no money anymore and a ongoing insurance claim against an idiot who wrote my car off in 2017.  I've been trying to find work for 11 years without success and savings etc are all gone as is the rent we used to get from the daughter Mk 1.    Its a gut-wrenching decision but I have no choice. It lives 60 miles away from home and I can't afford the fuel to go and work on her any more.   She is registered as a 1957 model, Mil Reg 16 CL 49, so she is both MoT and Tax exempt and can be driven on a B license. Mechanically she is fine - I have rebuilt the braking system using new valves and now she holds pressure well.. Steering and engine are 100%.  Exhaust has been replaced with AEC items.   The cracked and broken steering wheel has been remade back to "as new" condition.  The low price is because the cab needs repairs to the sheet metal as do some of the gates.    I have made up the inner door skins and they just need final fitting. You can see the story in the "Restoration" section of the forums

In the back under the canvas is a Brockhouse body rigged for gas with cooker, oven and 12v/240v electrics and a 500 litre water container between the headboard and the Brockhouse. The external connectors on the brockhouse have been adaptes to take a standard caravan/camping  lead to hook up to an extenal 24v supply.  She will need a leisure batter and a 17 Kg gas bottle to be opertaional.  For beds the plan was to use a pair of cot beds until I could make up bedframes from timber.  a WC compartent is already built in for use with a portaloo.

She comes with the ultra rare high-angle roof mount for the 0.50 cal short-barrelled machine gun, just needs the ball mounts and struts for the roof. The canvas on the back is all MK and the front roof sheet of the two needs replacing as it has been torn somehow - likely wind getting under it. There is a spare tyre to come with her. Please contact me for more details and other pictures.

Looking for £4,000 which I think is a fair price considering the work done since I got her and what comes with her.

img__3648.JPG

Edited by ArtistsRifles

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...