Weapons and the law

NorthernEngine

Question

6 answers to this question

This is from https://www.real-gun.com/

Deactivated Guns and the law:

Real-gun.com cannot sell deactivated guns to anyone under the age of 18. Though are not required to store this in a gun safe it is advised you store them in you dwelling, preferably in a locked cupboard. When transporting de-acs please keep them in out of site, preferably in a gun bag. Be sensible - don`t mount a .50 cal on the roof of your Jeep and take a drive - its fine on private land at shows but given the current climate please do not stress our Police any more than they currently are!

If you attract the wrong type of attention with deacts, irrespective of if you are carrying the certificates, the Police will seize your weapons as  they will say only firearms trained personel can make the decision on whether they are actually compliant.   You can then have a very long wait and a lot of hassle trying to get them back.

I have seen modern SAS type landrovers with everything fitted and covers on the MG's, but is it realy worth the risk and potenial hassle.  Providing you have the necessary excemptions to be in the pocession of replias its not so much of a problem, but the police will still stopped you if they don't like what they see or they think you are distracting other drivers.

How you store them at home is down to you.

Good info and common sense, but I could really do with a definitive list / piece of legislation.

Im sure im perfectly legal in that my 'weapon' is a) fake and b) made out of plastic soil pipe, but I fully anticipate someone complaining and getting pulled at some point. Id just like to be able to talk myself out of any hassle.

And if that fails, Id very much like to know what the worst thing I can legally replace it with so they realise how silly it is and let me put my plastic fantastic back on!

Cheers

FB_IMG_1549563305399.jpg

12 hours ago, REME 245 said:

If you attract the wrong type of attention with deacts, irrespective of if you are carrying the certificates, the Police will seize your weapons as  they will say only firearms trained personel can make the decision on whether they are actually compliant.   You can then have a very long wait and a lot of hassle trying to get them back.

I have seen modern SAS type landrovers with everything fitted and covers on the MG's, but is it realy worth the risk and potenial hassle.  Providing you have the necessary excemptions to be in the pocession of replias its not so much of a problem, but the police will still stopped you if they don't like what they see or they think you are distracting other drivers.

How you store them at home is down to you.

I had this argument with Met Police a couple of years back. The saga is othe Forum. Police Officers of any type, form or ego are NOT qualified to make the any judgement on De Activated firearams. The only peoiple in UK, qualified and legaly recognised are the Proof House Masters at London or Birmingham.