Brakes & Parts Lists for Office, Trailer Mounted, 2 ton 4 wheeled Rubery Owen

Sean N

All,

I have an Office, Trailer Mounted, 2 ton 4 Wheeled Rubery Owen Mk 2 (wide track) 6240-0735 to contract WV5478.

It's in really good condition but unfortunately the brakes had been cannibalised from the front axle before I got it.

I'd appreciate any pointers for new brake parts (shoes, return springs, actuators, adjusters) or the correct parts list so I can give people some part numbers.

Thanks.

Sean I don't have the ISPL but I do have EMER WHEELED VEHICLES U 262/13 Trailer, Low Platform, RE, 2-Ton, 4-Wh, Rubery Owen, FV2508. Technical Description. Jun.1968

Is yours in the FV2500 series as well? There are 4 pages on the brakes plus a fold out diagram of the mechanical linkages.

Don't know to be honest, Clive. I've only ever seen the FV2500 series designation applied to the earlier version, the Mk 1, and it's so long since I've been under one I can't remember what the brakes are like.

I have an ISPL for the Sentinel Mk 1 but Sentinel and Rubery Owen are quite a lot different (though the shoes, bisectors and adjusters look the same, but then there are a lot of similar looking ones that are dimensionally different so I'm not relying just on appearance).

The trailer I have has air actuated hydraulic brakes on the front axle if that helps, with external slave cylinders marked FV506015. If it sounds as though they might be right I'd be interested to see them.

Clive, I think this is the Mk2 version of the FV2500 but of course that doesn't make it the same.

There's quite some discussion of the different variants here, in which you posted a photo of the binned stores version of the Rubery Owen trailer:

http://hmvf.co.uk/forumvb/showthread.php?2991-Just-Had-That-Dreaded-Call-from-Withams

http://hmvf.co.uk/forumvb/showthread.php?2991-Just-Had-That-Dreaded-Call-from-Withams&p=25801#post25801