Dispatch Rider Trousers Wanted

Enfield 42

Hello W D motorcyclists

I don`t suppose anyone has any Dispatch Rider trousers for sale, I am a 32 - 34 waist and I know I would have to alter the calves on originals.....SOF are pretty expensive for repro's; I Just thought I would ask just in case. I have just managed to get some 1943 dispatch rider boots for the WDCO.:undecided:

I abandoned all hope of finding comfortable WW2 DR breeches to fit me......at 6'3" and a 38" waist I was on to a loser at the beginning........

BUT, a decent alternative was to secure a pair of modern British MoD Household Cavalry/RHA khaki breeches........still made today in an almost identical khaki cord fabric..........but they now have a zip fly, velcro leg fastenings and are slightly less generous in the upper leg but look okay.........and made to fit "modern man" sizes too....:o)

Make sure if your using long boots you get BREECHES! these go halfway down calf and have lace of velcrose fastening. Don't buy Johdpurs that go all down the legs. Bloody near impossible to get long boots over and uncomfortable if you do. You can still get the original design, including flappy front or button fly through saddlers, worth looking if they have any second hand ones.

I have sent you these pics Nick and you have first shout. But posting here in case they are of interest to someone else. The larger pair on the right are the earlier twill type. Left over from the cavalry days I suspect. The other pair are serge material. Both look unissued. £60 pair. Ron

G 780.jpg

G 782.jpg

G 784.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
The Essex based Who Dares Wears had some very nice Army issue Bedford Cord breaches at Military Odyssey today - the company is on Ebay and I have 01268 779441 / 077948 10148 as contact numbers - I'd be interested to hear how you get on

Thanks for the information I managed to find a pair from a Silverman,s.