7" halogen headlight conversion

TooTallMike

I thought people might be interested to see my standard upgrade for 7" round headlamps. I object to sealed beam units because you have to replace the whole thing when changing just a bulb would be much cheaper & they are also a pain to carry as spares. As well as this, the standard ones often dip to the wrong side for the UK.

7" sealed beams are found on many vehicles, and I have so far converted a CCKW (6V), a WLF (12V) and have just obtained them for my project MUTT (24V) and for a project Rover P5. The conversion kit is available from http://www.vehicle-wiring-products.co.uk. The new lenses come with or without a 'pilot' light. This is a small bulb below the main headlamp bulb which can be used as a sidelight if you don't want to install separate sidelights.

nb. If your headlamp wiring is in good condition it should be able to cope with the small extra draw of these bulbs. If not, it's probably time to replace it anyway!

I have 2 photos to illustrate this but they are each 2.25MB and I can't reduce them enough to post. Any suggestions?

- Mike

I have 2 photos to illustrate this but they are each 2.25MB and I can't reduce them enough to post. Any suggestions?

Photobucket will automatically reduce them for you, once up loaded there they can be trimmed automatically further to 4 sizes, message board, website, thumbnail or avatar. But I am surprised on your photo editor there isn't a "Resize" option under your "Image" tool button.