Unknown Bulgarian Infantry Weapons

The weapon in the foreground is a swiss Solothurn S-18/100 trialed by many axis nations and others.

The second weapon is a Schwarlose M/07-08 which was the Austro-Hungarian standard heavy machine gun of WW1

The third weapon is a Maxim possibly a german 02-04 weapon but could be any early 1895 to 1905 type image isn't sharp enough to be sure.

Tony B

Is that the ZB30?

I thought a ZB30 had a long piston rod tube similar to the ZB26. AFAIK ZB30 were 7.92 x 57 in service with Czechoslovakia, Yugoslavia, Rumania Turkey,Spain and Iran (+ 30-06).

So what is it Chris? ZB33? perhaps

Edited by steveo578
addition

Its a Bulgarian contract ZB39 in 8x56r (Hence the curved mag), the contract ended early due to the NAZI occupation, I cant remember if it was 300 or 3000 that were delivered before production ended. Which ever figure it was, there isn't many left. I have a original version and a post war communist cleansed version where the royal coat of arms has been removed.

Its also known as the commercial Bren as it wasn't produced by one of the UK arms factories (Its a Czeck BRNO made gun) but many parts are interchangable. Its such a nicely finished gun, its much higer quality than even the early Brens, but then again, the Enfield guns were made to government orders at a cost.