HMVF's future..

Jack

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Only just read this as I am an infrequent visitor however I try to do my bit for MV's

Jack it makes economic sense to try and recoup some funds for this very very worthwhile forum.

While I may not actually own an MV at the moment I have a mate who is not computer friendly who has an MV and seeks advice wherever he can get it!

I have probably seen a few of the forum members at shows over the past few years however I don't know them as such only from here!

I can see an argument for both ideas i.e paying for just a forum and also for receiving a magazine too, either way I for one am happy to pay for this forum as the amount of information that has been gleaned over the years has far far outwayed any cost that may be incurred.

I am a member of a couple of forums, mainly re-enacting forums, I pay subs on one and enjoy the other one for free however as my circumstances have now changed somewhat I will change this to become a "supporter" !

Jack, give members the option of supporting just the forum or of subscribing to the magazine as well, that way you please more people!

On a separate note I am over the moon that people exist who wish to help preserve the memory and history of the vehicles that gave me the very freedom that I enjoy today!

Keith (I will bloody own my own MV one day, probably when I retire)!!!

Lee how much does the donate button actually generate???

I am talking about a subscribed forum where there is free access to certain parts and after that you need to subscribe to the forum to gain full access.

If you wish to subscribe via TPM then go that route if you see what I mean.

All the time the forum is "open" then there will be very few people who will "Donate" I imagine, hence the not unreasonable request to assist in the funding.

Keith

Lee how much does the donate button actually generate???

I have no idea mate & it's only just been added.

I am talking about a subscribed forum where there is free access to certain parts and after that you need to subscribe to the forum to gain full access.

If you wish to subscribe via TPM then go that route if you see what I mean.

All the time the forum is "open" then there will be very few people who will "Donate" I imagine, hence the not unreasonable request to assist in the funding.

Keith

As Jack has stated many times, it has never been his intention to make payment mandatory for the forum (or sections of) the Donate Button is totally voluntary.. seems to work well on other forums..

I tried to subscribe to the magazine to help out but it kept saying my username isn't valid.

Is there a stupid safe way to subscribe?

Don't like to type again and again trying to get it sorted.

I feel like a idiot.:blush:

I tried to subscribe to the magazine to help out but it kept saying my username isn't valid.

Is there a stupid safe way to subscribe?

Don't like to type again and again trying to get it sorted.

I feel like a idiot.:blush:

No worries - it isn't linked to HMVF so you will have to register - if that makes sense?

Thanks for your subscription Enigma and will be going into tomorrows post!

Many thanks for your support,

Best wishes,

Jack.

I met so many new friends and spend so much time on it so a subscription to keep it going is good value.

And I get the magazine.

I must losing me nuts as i have only just picked up on this but Jack is correct in looking for donations,Im happy to suscribe but first a couple of probable stupid questions first i have never bought or sold anything on line so have no wayof paying through that medium and need a address to send a cheque for the mag and second i have never seen the mag so is it all about vehicles etc or a mixture of all types of military items. I did get a PM i think from snapper re model articles which i would be happy to discuss and contribute in the future

i await the flak

cheers

Les

I must losing me nuts as i have only just picked up on this but Jack is correct in looking for donations,Im happy to suscribe but first a couple of probable stupid questions first i have never bought or sold anything on line so have no wayof paying through that medium and need a address to send a cheque for the mag and second i have never seen the mag so is it all about vehicles etc or a mixture of all types of military items. I did get a PM i think from snapper re model articles which i would be happy to discuss and contribute in the future

i await the flak

cheers

Les

Hi Les will send you over a PM :)

Best wishes,

Jack.

No magazine has found my door yet. :cry:

No blo*dy way! It went weeks ago Enigma - I will get another one sent. Do you know what, the ones that get sent to the USA get there within days :-X

No blo*dy way! It went weeks ago Enigma - I will get another one sent. Do you know what, the ones that get sent to the USA get there within days :-X

Normally no postal problems but had a few in the last few months.

I'm still waiting for the back issue that I ordered with my subscription for some reason. I received the current issue almost immediately and really enjoyed it, but nothing heard about the other copy despite an email to Pathfinder. I did check the amount I paid and it was definitely a full sub plus a back issue. Not having a go, just wondering what's happened.

I'm still waiting for the back issue that I ordered with my subscription for some reason. I received the current issue almost immediately and really enjoyed it, but nothing heard about the other copy despite an email to Pathfinder. I did check the amount I paid and it was definitely a full sub plus a back issue. Not having a go, just wondering what's happened.

Cheers Simon and will have that sorted on Tuesday too :)