One for August

This is a great idear mate.

Eddie

I have just got an email back from the Parish council at Wootton Bassett. If we run with this idea we will be working with Ann from the WBPC. Basicly she has asked how may would like to visit the town? would we like members from the council in attendance? would we like Royal British legion members to be there? last but not least, would everyone want to lay a wreath.

I have been giving this much thought today and I have come up with one more idea for this convoy. Not sure of the lagistics of it at the moment, but how about we try and get one or two members from as many clubs with-in the UK to come along and posibly lay a wreath?

I will be contacting Ann with-in the next few days, if anyone has any idea's or knows of any clubs that might like to show there support for this convoy then please let me know and we can then start putting the plans together. Anyone with the know how in moveing large amounts of vehicles through towns, please get in touch.

This should be a corker of a convoy, All I need to get started is some numbers on how many would like to join us and with what vehicles. All era's welcome, tracked I need to consult WBPC.

This is a call to arms, our troops make history, we preserve it and support them.......

ATB.

Tony

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sounds good, maybe get the local press/tv involved, a great bit of PR for our hobby.

Rich, It has been mentioned that a guy who writes for both CMV and MMI is interested in doing us an article for this event. I will be contacting a few freinds with-in Soldier magazine to see if they are willing to plug us a page or two as well. There are a few other idea's in the pipeline but we are staying stoom about them for the time being.

Tony

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, I hope to be coming, will likely bring an M62 wrecker and a Ural 375d maybe a zil131 too if i can get it all sorted by then.......I will drag along a gaz 69 on the back of the ural or on a trailer behind one of the trucks...

I will need a driver to drive one of the trucks...non of my sons yet have their HGV/lGV.

Anyone fancy driving an M62 or a Ural or a zil131 to the do...from Guildford..

Okay, I hope to be coming, will likely bring an M62 wrecker and a Ural 375d maybe a zil131 too if i can get it all sorted by then.......I will drag along a gaz 69 on the back of the ural or on a trailer behind one of the trucks...

I will need a driver to drive one of the trucks...non of my sons yet have their HGV/lGV.

Anyone fancy driving an M62 or a Ural or a zil131 to the do...from Guildford..

Paul you is the man mate. Sounds a great collection and will look awesome with-in the convoy. I know we have a few truck drivers with us on the team Bonk, Steve and Spanner are all HGV drivers if you need drivers....

• 1 month later...

Just a quick heads up, The Wootton Bassett run has now been scrubbed. The main reason for this, the logistics of getting everyone from Andover to WB is just proving to costly. Just getting there and back again is over 80 miles and what with the fuel prices rocketing it would not be right to exspect you guys to come all this way and then spend more at these prices. Another reason is, basicly we are about Salisbury Plain, getting as many classic vehicles back were they belong. This is what we need to concentrate on. We can still raise money for H4H but keep our format and weekend origanal.

A few freinds from the TA have offered to come over with a truck or two, more on that later. I will be contacting West Down over the next few day to see what we can bring and see what area's we have to work with so please stick with us.

Tony

Tony, tell them if we cant have tracks you,ll end up getting wet again!:cool2::cool2:

DaveP

Dave, I am working on that one at the moment mate. West Down seem to be having a bit of a office change, that also includs some of the old faces I worked with over the last few years. Hopefully the new guys might be a bit more relaxed over the tracked vehicle issue.

Tony.

• 1 month later...

Sorry it's been a while but things have been a bit crap down this neck of the wood. This weekend is still running. There have been a few changes but nothing to drastic. The SPTA run is a gogo, the driving course is a gogo, the pub just down the road from the campsite is just stunning, working on a skittle alley at present. The land lord is more than happy for you guys to bring the vehicles to the pub and park on the village green oppoist. A few of the lads want to cut a cricket pitch or the weekend, would anyone want to get a team up for a bit of fun before the pub opens? We have dropped the H4H fund raiser and are going for a whole new charity type collection, more on that when you guys come over.

Just one last thing, could we have a posible head count for this weekend, just need to get some numbers sorted for certain things ie turd tardises and food. Many thank to all that have stuck with this small weekend and hope to see you soon.

Tony.

hi fella's

i'm planning on bringing my carrier, infact i have set the trip to spta as my goal but don't count me in just yet i've one or two things to sort out first :D

[ATTACH=CONFIG]30298[/ATTACH]

optimistic eddy

Do you want me to send a team up to help mate HEHE if it's not ready, it's not a problem, you are more than welcome to join us with what ever you drive. I will hopefully have some more news on the new fund raiser sometime next week. Updates coming soon..

Tony

hi tony

i'll take you up on that offer of a team. can you ask them to bring a mig, a flathead v8,2 road wheels, a rad and a tin of green paint.:-D

cheers

I got a tin of paint, not sure it's the right colour though. Brtish Racing Green306.gif

As for the V8 flathead, sorry chap. What I can offer you is a relaxing weekend with like minded guys and gals, talking shop, drinking beer and eating BBQs and breakfasts, all this topped with bowls of fruit cocktail. Just don't let Rambo grab your cherry, POOR FRED25r30wi.gif