amazing polish armour prices

hi fellas

two ot-64 skot's on milweb for around £15k a piece in very nice condition but you could buy 8 directly from poland for that .i suppose it's upto the individual to know their own comfort zone ie take a punt in poland or play it safe.(never been big on safety personally)

Point is - the OT's that are here - are here - if you see what I mean hence no shipping costs to pay. Also - both firms selling them overhaul them before sale so that risk of anything failing is minimised.

I believe if you add the cost of transport and the cost of a full pre-sale service to the Polish prices and convert that from Zlotys to GBP you won't be saving as much as you think!! :)

good point you are absolutely right .it's just that i can't help but keep looking at that website and think, how long does it take me to earn £1800 ?

i also like the look of the brdm 2,there's some good footage on youtube ,seems like a lot of fun for your money but it's nothing more than idle dreaming,i'm not in a position to start mucking about in poland looking for cheap armour, although having said that it would be a great way to spend a week or two with a couple of like minded mates.

trouble is all my mates think i'm off me trolley.

It's always nice to dream!! I was lucky - my dream came true and I got my OT-90 although the time is coming fast when I have seriously got to think about either selling it outright or doing a swap for an OT-64 as low-loader costs are crippling when out of work!

If you want to do see the reality without travelling to Poland - ring either of the two UK firms and arrange to go pay a visit, just say you are thinking about investing and want to see if they suit you! :cool2: :cool2:

i also like the look of the brdm 2,there's some good footage on youtube ,seems like a lot of fun for your money but it's nothing more than idle dreaming

They look good fun but are apparently a bit underpowered (and carting 7000kg around on a PETROL V8, thirsty too!) Maybe if you do an engine transplant for a nice Cummins or something...:)

Stone

They look good fun but are apparently a bit underpowered (and carting 7000kg around on a PETROL V8, thirsty too!) Maybe if you do an engine transplant for a nice Cummins or something...:)

Stone

5.7 litre V8 on 7 tons - does not seem too bad when you think a Stalwart is anywhere from 9 to 11 tons unladen and has a 6.5 litre straight 8! :-D

Apparently top speed is around 60 mph on road and 50 off road - not too bad for an armoured vehicle of that era.....

• 3 weeks later...
Probably depends on who you ask and how big their wallet is.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

More a case of being convenient - all the hassle of getting things shipped here is done - for which, of course you pay. It avoids the risk of making a mistake on the various forms of paperwork and getting hit with bigger bills from the various authorities involved.

My Polish and Czech is non-existent therefore the attendant risk of screwing up was high so I paid for the vehicle delivered here in the UK. Obviously if you speak the language and have the time to travel out there, check the vehicle, sort out transport etc. yourself you can save a bit, if not a lot, of money.